SHOPPER TRENDS THAT ARE CHANGING RETAIL
- Increased pressure on shopping budgets as shoppers trade-off against experiences (entertainment, holidays etc.)
- Increased expectations of service both online and in-store.
- Greater than ever promotional competition and discounting.
- Increase of social shopping and the role of micro-influencers.
- Increased requirement to connect emotionally as well as rationally with your shoppers.
Engagement - Rational / Emotional
All of this means that retailers need to understand their customers and use this insight to make decisions faster and more effectively