6 Tips for developing an effective data driven marketing strategy
- Start with what customers have told you – understand their level of engagement & their likes & dislikes first
- Base your insights on fact and supplement with good research and additional data and analytics. Come up with solid hypothesis, test it, and iterate. It’s all about being agile.
- Do it for all your customers over a decent period of time. You might be surprised about who your most loyal customers actually are and what their key purchase drivers are.
- Understand where your customers head is at today and act. This will take your personalisation and relevance (and ROI) to the next level.
- Make sure you can keep all of these insights & scores up to date (real-time if need be!) and at your fingertips ready to use. You can’t act quickly if you need to “double check that” or you can only act on a days after a customer has triggered an event.
- Did I mention testing and iterating?